Preparing for year-end should not begin in October or November as it may have in the past. Preparation should begin in January and be conducted throughout the calendar year. This is especially important now as the IRS is looking at year-end compliance issues. In this webinar, we will give the latest best practices to help your payroll department transition from a year-end crunch to a smooth and compliant year-end process. We will discuss how checklists can help keep you on track to ensure all tasks are completed. How a simple two-page memo can prevent dozens of employee questions. We will cover how your duplicate form W-2 request form and procedures should be set up and in place in advance of issuing the forms and how it will assist you when processing those requests in the upcoming year.
- Best Practices for the reconciliation of Form W-2 to Form 941 and why it must be done. (Excel spreadsheet template provided.)
- Best practices for gathering, calculating and reconciling W-2 data all year long as is now expected by the IRS
- Best practices on organizing the payroll department for year-end including action item checklists for Form W-2, Year-end and Year beginning to ensure a smooth process
- How to handle duplicate requests for Form W-2 including charging fees
- How to handle electronic delivery of W-2s to employees
- Also, get an update on year-beginning annual changes for social security wage base, fringe benefit limitations, federal per diem allowance, standard mileage rate, qualified transportation fringe benefits, changes to Form W-2 for 2017, possible changes to Form 941 for 2018, and more.
Deborah Gill, CPA, CGMA, CDFA is the Chief Financial Officer at Precision Measurements, Inc. (PMI), a 50+ person land-surveying firm located in Virginia Beach, VA. Before joining PMI in July 2014, Deborah was the Director of Business Operations at Clark Nexsen, PC, a 550 person multi-disciplined architecture, engineering, planning, and interior design firm located in VA, NC, GA, and DC. She has also owned her own firm, Profit by Design, Ltd. providing consulting services and Deltek Vision support to over 100 clients in the Virginia and North Carolina area. Deborah has worked in the A/E/C industry for over 30 years.
Deborah has provided many seminars on both accounting and human resources topics to SDA, AIA, NSPE, IFMA, VSCPA the Virginia Society of Professional Surveyors in person, as well as, through webinars at both local and national levels. She is a Past National President for the Society for Design Administration, where she has served as the National President on two separate occasions. She is a 10 for 10 leader of the Hampton Roads United Way Women’s Leadership Council