Payroll is best performed proactively with processes and procedures set-up to make the entire year run smoothly. This is especially important now as not only the IRS but the SSA is looking at year-end compliance issues on W2s. In this webinar, we will give the latest best practices to help your payroll department transition from a year-end crunch to a smooth and compliant year-end process. We will discuss how simple quarterly reconciliations can help keep you on track and ensure all tasks are completed. We will cover how the new W-4 form is going to change how you do payroll and how you need to be proactive with employees to avoid a lot of angry employees come tax time.
- Learn how the Tax cuts and Jobs Act will impact your firm
- Learn the latest about pass-through income deductions for S-corp owners in the A/E industry
- Understand the redesigned Form W-4 and the importance of the IRS withholding calculator
- Find out how the 2019 Form W-4 will impact payroll professionals
- SSA is sending out letters on W-2 errors. Learn what you need to do to avoid mistakes and audit the ones you made
- Learn about the Family Leave (paid or unpaid) changes coming to a city or county near you soon
- Also, get an update on year-beginning annual changes for social security wage base, fringe benefit limitations, federal per diem allowance, standard mileage rate, and qualified transportation fringe benefits
Deborah Gill, CPA FSDA is the Chief Strategy Officer at Precision Measurements, Inc. (PMI), a 70+ person land-surveying firm located in Virginia Beach, VA. Before joining PMI in July 2014, Deborah was the Director of Business Operations at Clark Nexsen, PC, a 500 person multi-disciplined architecture, engineering, planning, and interior design firm located in VA, NC, GA, and DC. She has also owned her own firm, Profit by Design, Ltd. providing consulting services and Deltek Vision support to over 100 clients in the Virginia and North Carolina area. Deborah has worked in the A/E/C industry for over 30 years.
Deborah has provided many seminars on both accounting and human resources topics to SDA, AIA, NSPE, IFMA, VSCPA the National Society of Professional Surveyors in person, as well as, through webinars at both local and national levels. She is an SDA Past National President and SDA Fellow, where she has served as the National President on two separate occasions. She is a 10 for 10 leader of Hampton Roads Women United.