This annual update will cover HR, payroll, and accounting issues that have changed in 2019 or are due to change in 2020 as well as best practices and lessons learned. You will take away updates on the top 10 HR, payroll, and benefits issues employers are facing today :
- Sexual Harassment Prevention
- Paid Leave Changes
- EEOC reporting updates
- I-9 form update
- New W-4 – Employee Withholding Certificate
- State Use of IRS Form W-4 (when no State form)
- 1099-NEC for Independent Contractors
- FLSA. Are there ever going to be changes?
- Update on Business Meals. When are they business-related expenses?
- 3(21) vs 3(38) Fiduciary responsibilities
- 401k vs HSA as a savings vehicle. Are you giving your employees the right information
About the Presenter
Deborah Gill, FSDA, CPA, is the owner of Profit by Design, LLC, a consulting firm to the A/E industry. She formerly held the positions of Chief Strategy Officer and Chief Financial Officer at Precision Measurements, Inc. (PMI), a 75+ person land-surveying firm located in Virginia Beach, VA. And Director of Business Operations at Clark Nexsen, PC, a 550 person multi-disciplined architecture, engineering, planning, and interior design firm located in VA, NC, GA, and DC. Deborah has worked in the A/E/C industry for over 40 years.
Deborah has provided many seminars on both accounting and human resources topics to SDA, AIA, NSPE, IFMA, and VSCPA in person, as well as, through webinars at both local and national levels. She is an SDA Past National President, where she has served as the National President on two separate occasions. She also volunteers with Women United and the d’Art Center of Norfolk, VA.
Course Length: 1.5 hour
Note: Due to large size of file, a link will be sent via email to access the presentation after purchase.